It is a great privilege to have the collections of renowned Indian designer Neeru Kumar at Juniper Hearth.
Neeru Kumar has created a whole new vocabulary in textile design. Her unique sensibility, respect and deep knowledge of traditional weaving processes and textile techniques, as well as her support of the Indian craft sector, has made great innovation possible in fabrication.
With an exciting and original contemporary design palette, Neeru's work combines and celebrates handmade traditions as well as international fashion trends. Own a piece of Indian fashion and textile history!
This beautiful pure silk dress features a pintucked bodice back and front, and 7/8 length sleeves, shibori dyed on inky black, in brilliant jewel tones of red and blue, the pattern forming an abstract, almost floral design. Fitted in the shoulder with a round neck, the tucked bodice releases to a full skirt (with side pockets), falling just below knee length.
- Designed and ethically made in India
- 100% silk
- Dry cleaning recommended (or very gentle hand wash)
NOTE: Shibori is an artisan process - each length of fabric is wrapped and tied by hand and then dyed, meaning that each length of fabric, and garment, is unique. Variations in the pattern placement on the fabric are to be expected.
- S Shoulder width 39cm / sleeve length 55cm / sleeve depth 19.5cm / chest 50cm (flat at underarm) / length 110cm / width at hem 101cm
- M Shoulder width 40.5cm / sleeve length 56cm / sleeve depth 20cm / chest 52cm (flat at underarm) / length 112cm / width at hem 104cm
- L Shoulder width 42cm / sleeve length 57cm / sleeve depth 20.5cm / chest 54cm (flat at underarm) / length 114cm / width at hem 107cm